Wins and Gratitudes: 2026-09-25

A deeply non-technical W this week: I’ve hopefully gone back to writing a lot more by hand, in part by figuring out that the notebook I use for personal writing and work notes must be the same, and without ceremony. That way, there’s no question whether I have the right one. It’s slower, and sometimes less efficient, but writing throughout the day is pleasant to me, and it helps with recall. Also I’m not longer constantly seeking yet another productivity app.

Pen of choice for those interested: Pilot P700.

Grateful this week for the true privilege of not only employment, but employment that doesn’t feel icky. I withdraw candidacy for an interview this week that ultimately would have been assisting the US Space Force putting weapons in space. As much as the daily AI slog kills me, I’m pretty sure that would kill me more quickly.

And as always, grateful for everyone here. May your weekend be restful.

2 Likes

I’ve gone back too! My son is learning cursive in school right now and I started picking it back up too. Productivity is such a business con imo. We can automate or process hours or days off our time in the name of productivity and efficiency but never do we get that time back in business. Then is life, some of it is nice and we can make use of the time, some of it is the thing we want to do.

I’ve using the Lamy Safari in neon green :slight_smile: for ball point I try to stick with the Zebra F-701 and pencils I’m using the Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Mechanical Drafting Pencil 0.9mm.

Gratitude: I played Robo Rally with my son and it was awesome, he picked up on the programming and thinking ahead enough to pull off the moves he was interested in.

Win: I won! (and that is a celebration because if he keeps up this rate of learning he will pass me in all board games soon).

2 Likes